Data Strategist - Product Insights
An extraordinary opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
The Data Strategist will provide in-depth analyses and reporting to key stakeholders across the business, particularly the Product team. They will be responsible for evangelizing the use of analytics for insights-driven product decisions while serving as an analytical subject matter expert for leadership and business stakeholders. You will develop and maintain systems to track and manage key KPIs such as conversion rate. The ideal candidate is proficient in SQL, cross-platform digital analytics tools (AppSee, Google Analytics, Segment, Adjust, or similar), experimental design (A/B testing), and highly quantitative. Experience with data warehousing / Redshift prized. You should be eager to ask questions and be endlessly curious.
- Understand the contribution of various applications (apps, web, partner / api) towards company-wide goals. These applications are both consumer facing and internal where contribution include but aren’t limited to insurance underwriting, purchase, enrollment, and management.
- Work with stakeholders to establish success metrics around product initiatives and monitor performance against them through dashboards, visualizations and ad-hoc analyses.
- Provide analytical support and recommendation for the planning and building of services that deepen the relationships between users and Verifly's partnerships by providing better brand experiences.
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize tasks based on highest potential value added.
- Support and guide the development of A/B and multivariate testing plans to boost product performance.
- Communicate data driven point of views to non-analytical stakeholders.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large data sets and synthesizing product insights into actionable recommendations
- Experience with cross-platform reporting and analysis with web and mobile analytics tools such as AppSee, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, FullStory, Segment, etc.
- Proficient in using SQL-based exploratory analytics tools; familiarity with Python or R is a plus
- Ability to clearly articulate and present initiatives to creative and technical teams alike
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).