Senior Mobile Product Designer
A great opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our platform. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
- Able to translate user needs and business requirements into sketches, wireframes, interaction flows, prototypes, and mocks to create new products or improve current ones for iOS, Android and responsive web.
- Review development builds to ensure consistent implementation and help answer questions.
- Providing design options for split A/B tests and product performance evaluations.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders.
- Partner with other team members to validate assumptions, test designs, and understand user data
- Ability to conduct usability tests, develop insights, personas and test ideas to continuously improve the user experience of our products.
- Provide support in preparing project research and workshop materials: surveys, worksheets, heuristic analysis reports and test plans.
- Experience using Protopie.io Prototyping is an essential part of any digital design process. It helps us simulate our designs, explore different user experiences, and test out journeys and user flows within our projects.
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional capacity as an interaction designer on highly interactive and data rich mobile applications
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex mobile applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Design with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Communication Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision
- Candidates should be excited and motivated to create next-generation user interfaces applying expertise within the fields of Information Design, Interaction Design, User Research, and Data Visualization to develop compelling designs for our products and services
- Leverages his/her design skills, and awareness of the user and business goals, to imagine, illustrate, and help realize compelling functional interfaces
- A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions
- Can skillfully represent the interaction design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- PLEASE PROVIDE PORTFOLIO with wireframes and user flows shown. A strong portfolio will include emphasis on his/her depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive and mobile products/sites, and where possible data visualization
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).