Technical Project Manager
An extraordinary opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
We seek a Technical Project Manager to support our Product and our Engineering teams. Technical Project Managers are responsible for scoping, defining, and guiding technical solutions both to launch and throughout the life of the product.
The Technical Project Manager will assist in all phases of backend product development, from project design, execution, launch, and post launch analysis. You will help build the technical plumbing that will contribute to the growth of Verifly. The Technical Project Manager assumes ownership of projects that includes initial scoping, research communication, and project management. You will function independently and work collaboratively with the Verifly team and internal support staff to help carry the team initiatives in the following capacities.
- Gather business and technical requirements from internal and external stakeholders
- Create documentation for developers as well as reference documentation
- QA software updates
- Partner with engineering and operations to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process.
- Continuously prioritize needs of internal stakeholders and reassess as needed. Communicate reassessments as required.
- Work with developers and management to create a backend development roadmap
- Owning the back-end technical design process from development to post launch analysis, monitoring the progress, and ensuring consistently high quality execution of project initiatives
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience creating and owning backend technical solutions for consumer-facing products
- A history of working on multiple, complex projects
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in an agile team environment
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).