VP Finance & Operations
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
You'll join the senior executive team, owning the finance function across the business. In addition, you'll take operational responsibility for administration, compliance, and human resources. You will work with the senior executives to develop the forecast model and business plan, as well as the ongoing (e.g. Board) reporting and tracking to budget. You will oversee the accounting function and day to day operational finance as well as strategic finance / preparing the business for future fundings and growth opportunities.
- Work with Senior Management team to develop our strategic growth plan. This will include financial forecasts, budget planning, cash and investment management, team growth, other HR needs and setting company and team KPI's
- Operational responsibility for HR, Finance, Admin / Compliance, with the potential to
- Lead company-wide forecasting processes
- Contribute to the development of our strategic goals and objectives by working with each team to understand their resource needs and set and measure goals.
- Work with each team to set goals, assign accountability, establish priorities and assess team performance
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process. Update our financial forecast
- Spearhead activities to minimize cost
- Minimum 10 years experience in a FP&A role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience.
- Experience on the finance team of a venture-backed company that has experienced rapid revenue and employee growth
- Experience with global operations especially UK, Ireland, Canada.
- MBA from a top school, Finance or Accounting (CPA) preferred
- Highly advanced financial modeling and powerpoint / presentation skills
- Highly advanced data and analytical skills
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).