VP of Product
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
Verifly is a product-obsessed financial technology organization. We believe that building beautiful interfaces for our customers and partners will ultimately make us the de facto market standard. We seek a seasoned product leader to own all of our products, both internal and external, reporting directly to the CEO. You will develop and defend the product roadmap, working with our UI/UX and Engineering teams. You will build a world-class product team of owners and designers. You will have a keen sense of how to build hardcore technology products preferably gained a fintech or regulated industry, as well as an eye and appreciation for creating unmatched beautiful customer experiences.
- Develop, own, and defend the product vision and roadmap.
- Build a world-class product team including owners and designers.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure our insurance products align with our technical product vision.
- Lead the charge on aligning our resources with the product vision and roadmap.
- Define success KPIs for features that you develop and work with the analytics team to measure success.
- Be flexible and experienced enough to build products for front-end features such as enrollment while also scaling backend services such as subscriptions.
- Prioritize and plan the backlog to align the work for future sprints.
- 10-15 years as a senior Product Manager or UX Leader in a venture-funded startup.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer product working with products that have scaled tremendously.
- Experience with product ownership of consumer apps, web apps, and partner or platform applications / apis.
- Past ownership of a long term product roadmap.
- Strong track record of consumer design; creativity is essential!
- Extremely detail oriented and able to grasp complex processes.
- Past experience working on a regulated product or in a regulated industry (e.g. fintech, insurance, pharma, transportation).
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).