Technical Project Manager - Insurance Systems
A exciting opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
We seek a Technical Project Manager to support our Insurance Underwriting Partners along with our Engineering team. The Technical Project Manager-Underwriting is responsible for managing, coordinating and implementing all backend processes required to build and price an insurance policy.
The Technical Project Manager will also be responsible for designing and building the platform that manages Insurance Underwriting You will guide the implementation of the technical solution through to launch and own the platform post-launch. You will function independently and work collaboratively with the Verifly team and internal support staff.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of writing insurance policies
- Develop an internal tool to facilitate the automation of underwriting
- Effectively integrate, motivate and build relationships with a cross-functional team of members, sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project
- Gather business and technical requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the technical development team to ensure the smooth launch of new general liability insurance products
- Understand state insurance requirements and ensure that tools and product offerings are in compliance
- Create documentation for all steps of the programming process of this internal tool for developers to reference
- Work with developers and management to create a backend development roadmap
- Own and implement insurance pricing algorithms
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience creating and owning backend technical solutions
- A history of working with large and complex processes
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in an agile environment
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong team player
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, digitally savvy, creative and experimental in the approach to problem solving
- Insurance industry and/or Insurtech experience, especially working with policy construction, compliance, and state filings, is prefered
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).