Vice President (VP) of Marketing
A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market. Candidates applying MUST have VC backed start up experience and MUST have mobile B2C app customer acquisition experience.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently—such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and other - via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
The VP of Marketing is a key member of the leadership team, instrumental to the future success and ultimately responsible for the company’s growth of top-line metrics, acquisition of millions of new users, sustainable growth, escalation of brand awareness and expansion into new markets.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will work closely with product, marketing, analytics and engineering to facilitate continual growth of the end users and build a world class marketing organization. Verifly is looking for an executive with a proven track record of driving growth results for a high-profile brand and platform. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who is creative and isn’t afraid to take risks. They will have a diverse background working cross- functionally in a variety of capacities—including product, strategy, marketing, and analytics.
- Develop and execute a cohesive marketing strategy across owned, earned, and paid channels.
- Consistently generate profitable revenue growth and build brand equity.
- Exhibit poise, composure, and dynamism to motivate and instill confidence among the rest of the executives, team, and company.
- Define, regularly report on, and optimize key marketing KPI's.
- Drive budget allocation between channels and lead the campaign-specific strategy to optimize for conversion and CAC.
- Work with creative, product, engineering, and our insurance team to own the testing pipeline and strategy.
- Lead implementation (including cross functional work with creative, engineering, insurance, external agencies) of all campaigns.
- Channels include, but are not limited to Digital (SEM, Facebook, UAC, ASA,Retargeting), Offline, PR, Email, Content / SEO / App Store Optimization.
- Manage marketing calendar, budget and KPIs, including ongoing analysis and reporting.
- Perform deep analysis to better understand our consumer segments and behaviors to improve the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Communicate performance to internal leadership and stakeholders to promote shared understanding of performance marketing strategy, ROI, and opportunities.
- Define data needs with engineering to ensure accurate and timely data capabilities used in customer analysis, recurring dashboards, and any other customer and transactional needs.
- Oversee and direct the evaluation, implementation, and management of marketing technology systems (e.g., automation, attribution, analytics).
- Lead customer insights with Product across quantitative and qualitative methodologies to better define, segment and target our customer.
- Support new product development with audience insights and demand verification.
- Work with CEO to ensure all customer touch points are consistent with brand.
- Work with Creative and Content to develop best practices for paid acquisition.
- MUST HAVE prior VC backed startup experience managing spectacular growth.
- MUST HAVE B2C ( consumer facing) app experience
- Demonstrable track record of optimizing for CAC and conversion in a mobile-first product.
- Experience managing cross-channel optimization including native apps.
- Experience building and scaling different acquisition channels, across online and offline.
- Experience identifying marketing talent you have built or helped build teams from the ground up.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, adapt to changing needs and tackle new challenges daily.
- Calm and comfortable in a fluid environment.
- Strategic, tactical, and willing to be hands-on in driving growth and user acquisition that balances the company’s mission and business priorities.
- Action-oriented, with an own-the-outcome mindset, applied at scale and through working with others.
- Relentless in prioritization of goals, strategies and individual tasks.
- Demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing team.
- Scrappy (and proud of it).
- 7+ years of relevant consumer marketing experience in a highly-competitive consumer-facing or SMB focused startup.
- Experience marketing a mobile-first product including native apps.
- Expertise in growth forecasting and building multi-channel growth models.
- Analytical thinker with exceptional command of data and appreciation for brand storytelling.
- Mastery of a broad array of paid channels and willingness to learn and adopt new ones.
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to amazing working conditions and competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).
Relocation will be self-funded.