Copywriter (Social Media/Email)
A rare opportunity to work in an early-stage, well-funded InsurTech startup run by seasoned founders, backed by A-list investors, chasing a $250B global market.
Verifly delivers on-demand insurance by the job to cover the 57 million people who work independently — such as photographers, handymen, DJs, and others — via our app. As more people freelance, many clients require them to be insured. These workers need easy, mobile access to quick, inexpensive, short-term insurance so they never lose a potential job or have to call an insurance broker. Verifly delivers this in seconds for as little as $5 for one hour and one million dollars of business insurance.
Our team is looking for a creative, innovative and organized copywriter to craft homepage, email, product, in-app messaging, and other editorial, marketing and social copy. The copywriter will collaborate with various internal teams to conceive and execute our brand stories across multiple platforms. This is an incredible opportunity to use your copywriting, editorial, and content marketing skills to launch an exciting product to the Gig-economy.
We are looking for a smart, passionate person who is customer obsessed and has a strong sense of ownership. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can perform without constant management and is very comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. They must be highly-organized and adept at tracking copy. Lastly, we are looking for someone who is results oriented, analyzing on a regular basis how the customer is responding to our offerings and making informed changes when indicated. The ideal candidate will be a language superstar, effective communicator, and a stickler for proper spelling, grammar, and style.
- Write content that attracts website traffic, converts that traffic into new business leads, and nurtures leads through every stage of the prospect-buying journey
- Experience writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (landing pages, website, blog posts, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, white papers, press releases, video scripts and webinars)
- Follow digital/marketing best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of communicating products or services in a clear and compelling manner (writing samples may be requested)
- Excellent “conversational” writing skills, with the ability to engage any audience at their level
- Drive all steps of writing/content projects: from content calendar to concept and outline approval, to execution, and evaluation of each content asset’s success
- Startup experience is a plus
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in B2B content development
- Proficiency with content management systems (we use Wordpress)
- Strong copywriting and editing background for web and digital channels. Experience writing for the web required
- Proven creative content writing skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact with multiple internal departments
- BA/BS required
Full-time employees receive generous stock options in addition to competitive pay and benefits including health insurance. We work out of a cool SoHo office with a house dog and no dress code (you must dress).